Microsoft has announced that they are ending Windows 7 Support, along with ceasing security updates on this platform. For many of your computers, updates will be required, and the deadline is approaching.
Two options are:
- Update to a minimum software requirement of Windows 10
- Consider a new laptop, with a minimum requirement of Windows 10 software and in-built Solid State Drive hardware
For a compatible laptop, CAS recommends the Panasonic CF-54 Toughbook; we carry and support this hardware. CAS is currently fighting to get the Panasonic Toughbook in stock fast enough to meet the high demand for this model.
It has a great keyboard, a convenient carrying handle, and a durable impact/wear-resistant shell.
Here are the Toughbook’s specs:
- Thinner design
- 14” notebook with HD or Full HD display
- Structural strength from honeycombed bonnet/hood and magnesium alloy
- Optional VGA and true serial ports
- Additional configurations: 2nd LAN, dedicated GPS, 4th USB 2.0, rugged USB
- Optional DVD drive, PC card, 2nd battery, contactless SmartCard reader, fingerprint reader configuration
- Shock mounted removable Hard Disk Drive/Solid State Drive storage with built-in heater
- Spill proof across complete inner surfaces
- 5th-generation Intel® Core™️ i5 vPro™️ processor
- Bluetooth, WiFi, 4G LTE
- 11 hour main battery life
Upgrading from a Dell? CAS is offering a Promotional trade-in Allowance for our customers currently using Dell products. Contact our team to learn more.
For more on the Panasonic Toughbook CF-54, watch here: